Seriously. I mean yeah, I know, I'm a writer. I'm supposed to write. It's in my blood, right? It's a part of my soul and when I don't let it out a bit it gets despondent. Crap. It's all crap. I write, so what? I write when I'm inspired; I write when I get excited by a random conglomeration of words; I write when I feel like it. I rarely, if ever, write just because I'm supposed to.
Ok, that's sort of a lie; I need to reword this. I do write because I'm supposed to, sometimes. I write when one of my professors tells me to for a grade; I write when my girls need a letter explaining why they won't be in class once a week for counseling; I write comments on the rent check so I have "proof" I paid. But I don't record my thoughts in text daily because I have to; it's not who I am.
Plus, like I said before, I'm no good at it. I forget to log in for weeks at a time; I can't come up with anything worthy of writing (or I can but one of the girls has forbidden me to share the story); I suck at the hook. In general, this is just so not my thing.
Why then, you're probably wondering, I am I writing this blog now? Pretty simple answer, really. Because this is one of those "supposed to" things. You know, for a grade?
Yep, this is straight out of the "you must complete this task or suffer the consequences" moments. I'm doing this only because I'm "supposed" to.
That's not to say I don't give a damn in the process of course; I completely "get" the point of the task. It's just, like I said before, I can't do this if I don't begin it honestly. It's better that way.
I'm going to make no promises on the content of this blog - I've not developed a single theme I'll follow. I'm just going to log on, frequently, and type what comes into my head.
We'll see how it goes. This is all a work in progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment